As winter sets in, stiff joints naturally follow.
Unfortunately, each year becomes harder as we age. But there is a solution in easing your pain – Krill Oil.
Check out the benefits below, plus a teeny-weeny bit of science to prove Krill Oil walks the talk too:)
- Krill Oil (Euphausia superba) is a natural source of high concentration omega 3 oil, the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin, as well as high levels of phospholipids – a fundamental component of human cell membranes.
- Using krill oil can reduce pain, stiffness, and mobility issues associated with mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Medications used in conventional arthritis treatments do not provide consistent, long-term relief. The drawback is that they do not block the many pro-inflammatory molecules that cause arthritis.
- Recent research indicates, low-dose krill oil precisely targets joint-damaging molecules when combined with hyaluronic acid and astaxanthin. In one scientific experiment, over 60% of arthritis victims found relief in less than three months.
- Krill oil is used for the same reasons as cod liver oil, flax oil and other omega 3 fatty acids, but is often favoured because it doesn’t cause fishy burps or an after-taste, a common side effect of fish oil.
- The fact that it contains astaxanthin is also unique. The ultimate antioxidant – researchers have found that it may be more powerful than vitamin E, beta-carotene and lutein.
- Exclusively sourced from sustainable fisheries in the Antarctic, through our suppliers Aker BioMarine™ who work with World Wildlife Foundation Norway to ensure sustainable krill harvesting.
Leave a Reply